Making massive breakfast burritos is one of my favorite ways of using leftover smoked brisket. Everyone has their own take on how to make this classic but I hope you really enjoy this one!
I make these beauties with a base of refried beans topped with scrambled eggs, sliced potatoes and leftover brisket.
The refried beans are one of the touches that a lot of people skip but they are great for use as a binder as well as for the flavors that they bring. Another place where this recipe stands out is by using farm fresh eggs.
Farm fresh eggs are beautiful and you can see the difference in quality by the dark color of the yolk and the hardness of the shell.
I lay out the ingredients for the burritos as shown below before carefully rolling into shape.
The hardest part about making these is to not overstuff the tortilla. It is so tempting to cram as much breakfast goodness into these guys as you can but then you can’t get them folded!
I will heat the burritos through in the microwave (about two minutes) and then serve with whatever sauce strikes my fancy. Sometimes I go with Head Country barbecue sauce but a spicy Salsa Verde is my favorite!
Beautiful Beef Brisket Breakfast Burritos
- Large burrito size flour tortilla
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked potato slices leftover has browns work great as well
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- 3 ounces leftover brisket
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Spread the refried beans onto the tortilla.
- Add the potatoes, eggs and brisket.
- Wrap the tortilla around the fillings and fold the edges underneath to form the burrito.
- Top the burrito with the shredded cheese.
- Heat the burrito through in the microwave for two minutes.
- Serve with sauce of choice and a steaming cup of hot black coffee.