I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like garlic bread. It’s just absolutely wonderful. And if you go just a few extra steps, your normally “great garlic bread” will jump to the “best garlic bread ever” status.
Slice the French bread open lengthwise. And now you can need to decide which kind of garlic bread you’re going to want to make – smoked roasted garlic bread? Then read this recipe and spread it on the french bread. Or perhaps, regular baked in the oven with crushed garlic, but still wonderful? Then, keep on reading….
Crush the garlic into a bowl. I usually use 2 good sized cloves per loaf. Add the butter and melt in microwave – it will take maybe 45 seconds. Spread this garlic butter mixture on the bread and then sprinkle some kosher salt and pepper over that.
Ok, time out.
You actually have to figure out how you’re going to bake your bread before you proceed:
You can do this in 1 of 3 ways:
1. The “the rest of the food is ready and I forgot about the bread” way which would be to add the cheese, and then broil it for maybe 2 minutes.
2: The “normal way” which is to add the cheese and then bake it at 350 for 10 -12 minutes or until the cheese is melted, or
3: The last, and in my opinion best way: The “if it smells good and tastes good, why not try it on the grill” way? Don’t put cheese on yet – Grill buttered side up first 3-5 minutes, then flip it and grill the buttered side for 2 minutes. Now move to indirect, away from heat. Add cheese, close the lid and let cook until cheese is melted.
Time in! Back to the recipe
No matter which way you decide to cook this oozy, cheesy garlic bread, make sure the cheese is thoroughly melted. That way you can do the cool trick of pulling cheese up like in the picture above! Slice and be happy.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 or as many as you feel you & your family would gorge yourself on loaf of French Bread
- ¼ of a stick of butter per loaf
- 2 cloves garlic per loaf
- Salt course salt or kosher and pepper
- Provel provolone or mozzarella cheese(or all of it).
- Slice the garlic bread open lengthwise.
- Using a garlic press, crush the garlic into a bowl.
- Add the butter and melt in microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Spoon the garlic butter on the bread.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the bread.
- Sprinkle cheese over it.
- You can bake the bread in the broiler for maybe 2 minutes, bake it at 350 for 10 -12 minutes or until the cheese is melted or on the grill. (Grill buttered side up first 3-5 minutes, then flip it and grill the buttered side for 2 minutes. Now move to indirect, away from heat. Add cheese, close the lid and let cook until cheese is melted.)
- Slice bread and enjoy!