There are many times when I open my refrigerator and wonder, “So…what am I going to do with this leftover chicken?” This recipe was born when one day the chicken was sitting next to a Caesar Salad Kit. I thought, surely this two would get along together well in a pita. And you know what? They do – they get along wonderfully!
The best part: It’s CRAZY easy! Like, you don’t even have to use a stove/microwave/grill easy! So whether it’s leftovers from your smoked chicken, chicken breasts, or chicken thighs, try this recipe out SOON and enjoy the heck out of it.
Chicken Caesar Pita
- 2 cups of shredded or cut leftover smoked chicken
- 1 Caesar Salad salad kit Dole, etc
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 pitas
- Put together your salad kit
- Mix in chicken and mozzarella cheese
- Cut pita in half and stuff mixture into pita