Sometimes life is just about presentation-how things are introduced. In all reality, this is leftover flank steak in a tortilla. But we don’t call it that. We call it “Grilled Steak Burritos”.
I’m a teacher by day. I get to teach really fun and exciting things, but of course there are times when I must cover material that is interpreted as boring or tedious.
Sometimes I’m able to disguise the unwanted agenda with games, conversations, debates or interactive assignments. All of a sudden those boring or tedious lessons are interesting. Making mundane things seem adventurous can feel like a colossal task, but when done correctly, it gets the job done.
The same goes for leftovers – with a little creativity, you can make the most uninteresting leftovers look like you slaved over dinner for hours. I’d also be willing to lend this argument for a mindset in general – with a little creativity, everything is more palatable.
If your work days are becoming increasingly difficult – what’s a creative solution? If there is a problem that doesn’t seem to ever go away, why not try to look from the outside in? It’s amazing the difference perspective makes. Your trashed leftover could be my mouth-watering dinner Change your perspective, and maybe more things will start going your way.
If nothing else, life sure will taste better.
Leftover Flank Steak Burrito
- at least 8 ounces of leftover grilled steak this was flank steak, but any grilled steak will do.
- Slice this steak as thinly as you possibly can - mine ends up with so thin I could tear the meat apart with a gentle tug.
- 1 cup leftover or fresh grilled bell peppers
- Shredded cheese of your choice We usually use cheddar
- 1 tbn greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3 large tortillas
- Heat the peppers( I just do it in the microwave at a medium power for maybe 1 minute). I heat the tortillas in the microwave as well - for about 20 seconds each.
- Once the tortillas are heated, I layer the thinly sliced meat, the warmed peppers, the cheese and the greek yogurt.
Want More Flank Steak Recipes?