Pasta salads are a mark of good parties. If the pasta isn’t flowing as freely as the barbecue, then it’s not a good party. At least, that’s how we measure it at our house. We eat pasta in almost every variety there is. And cold pasta can be absolutely delicious. Especially when you give it an Italian foundation!
This particular pasta salad is inspired by my sister. She recently brought one to a family get together and I thought it was absolutely awesome. So…here’s my version of her great salad!
Best Pasta Salad for BBQ
- 1 box of penne noodles cooked in salted water and drained
- 20 slices of salami diced
- 1/2 cup of diced pepperoni
- 3/4 cupish of red onions diced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half
- some green onions - maybe 4ish?
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1 ball of real mozzarella diced
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- some fresh basil torn up - maybe 1/4 of a cup
- 1/4 cup of diced banana peppers
- The dressing:
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- a few sprinkles of oregano and parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles, drain and let cool (you can run them under cold water to help speed this process, and add butter. It helps the noodles to lose their stickiness. And it's good).
- Chop all the veggies.
- In the bottom of the bowl you will be using for your pasta salad, make your dressing. Whisk your dressing together then add the noodles and the veggies. Toss the whole thing together.
- I let my pasta salad sit for at least a few hours before serving it. The flavors like to get together and know each other. And that's when it tastes the best.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with maybe 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.