At a recent BBQ competition, we sold Cole Slaw as a side. Cole Slaw is all about the dressing. Really, it’s just a bunch of bland vegetables that you have to somehow “dress” up.
The fact we can now buy the pre-sliced cabbage/carrot mixture makes me so happy I could cry. It’s SO worth the extra $1 to buy these pre-cut packages. Maybe I say this because when I make Cole Slaw to sell for a crowd, I make jugs of it.
I was asked repeatedly for this recipe by customers at the last competition. A few actually even called me out on the fact that I didn’t have this recipe posted. So here it is, concerned bbq competition customers -my homemade Cole Slaw recipe – enjoy!
Sweet Cole Slaw for BBQ
- For Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and diced fine
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag of pre-cut cabbage and carrots
- 1/3 cup red onion shredded (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and shake well. Mix with the dressing.
- Can let it sit overnight.