To close out burger month, I give you the Bacon Cheese Smash Burger. Yep. Ground bacon mixed with ground beef, smashed and topped with cheese.
It’s certainly not the WORST idea I’ve ever had.
This is similar to the Bacon Turkey Smash Burger, but with significantly more fat (and flavor). What’s amazing is this ONE bacon cheese burger left behind more grease than SIX turkey bacon burgers. Further evidence of the healthiness of turkey meat vs. ground meat.
But it’s also evidence of the yumminess of fatty, greasy deliciousness.
If I haven’t convinced you to try Smash Burgers yet, then I have failed. I promise you won’t be disappointed. It takes 10 minutes, it’s crispy and it’s fantastic. Top it with your favorite cheese – I used sharp cheddar – and you’ve got an outstanding burger. Plus, it’s FUN!
Bacon Smash Burger with Cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground or finely chopped applewood smoked bacon
- garlic & onion powder
- salt & pepper
- Your favorite cheese and other toppings
- Mix beef and bacon together, add garlic, onion, salt & pepper to taste. I would guess maybe a tbs of each.
- Make into balls about the size of a small orange.
- Set up grill for direct cooking, put on your cast iron skillet or griddle and get it piping hot.
- After flipping, top with your favorite cheese and close grill for quick melting.
- Remove, place on bun, and top with your favorites!