I actually got this idea out of one of our local grocery stores. They give out little pamphlets of recipes and unique ideas and there this was – sitting right there in front of me – grilled avocados.
Avocados by themselves are good – grilled and in guacamole with chips-well, they just get progressively better with each move.
This recipe is fairly simple – and you can really make it yours by just making your regular guacamole recipe with grilled avocados. That being said, if you don’t have your own guacamole recipe – try this one. It’s quick and easy to change as you go along.
- 2 whole avocados - sliced in half pitted
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 4 cloves of roasted smoked garlic cloves
- 1/2 to mato chopped
- 1 tsn lemon juice
- 1 tsn lime juice
- 1/2 a diced jalapeno
- Slice your avocados in half and take the pit out.
- Grill at a low temperature for about 6 minutes, or until you get some good grill marks.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the avocado meat into small squares while still in the skin.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the small pieces of avocado.
- Stir gently with other ingredients.