This is what happens when you have a little bit of extra pizza dough, tasty ingredients and you want to try something new on the grill. You create Grilled Pizza Pockets.
Ridiculously easy to prepare, can fill them with whatever you choose, and super easy and fast to cook. The kids loved it, I loved it, and we had fun making it. That’s a fairly successful equation if you ask me.
You could probably fit 4 or 5 easily on a pizza stone. I cooked one alongside my Flank Steak Pizza. When the cheese started oozing out the side and the crust was golden brown, I figured it was done. Seriously, it doesn’t get much easier than that.
You could make these as big or small as you want. Maybe some little miniature pizza pockets for kids and a larger one for parents. I’m telling you, this is just fun and tasty.
Grilled Pizza Pockets
- Breadmaker Pizza Dough
- 2-3 tbs pizza sauce
- 1/4 c mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni sausage, hamburger - whatever meat you prefer
- onions peppers - whatever veggies you prefer
- Set up grill for direct cooking, but keep temperature a bit lower - around 300-350.
- Lay pizza dough flat.
- Spread sauce across pizza. After that, add whatever ingredients you prefer!
- Fold dough in half, creating your "pocket". Be sure the sides are securely together to minimize the oozing of ingredients.
- Cook on a pizza stone for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown and cheese oozing has begun!