Growing up, I think I had zucchini twice. My mom made zucchini bread, and…maybe put it in soup. It wasn’t until later in life, when a friend of ours turned part of his yard into a full fledged farm and grew zucchini the size of fully grown male human arms that I discovered the wonderful vegetable that is zucchini.
Now I buy zucchini weekly. Literally, every week. I put it with soups and pastas. My kids actually request zucchini on a regular basis. My son that hates vegetables eats zucchini like it’s going out of style. What I love most about zucchini is that it takes on the flavor you want it to take on. If you want it to be savory, it can mask itself in that profile. Sweet? Sure, it can lean that way. It goes well with everything because it’s a bland vegetable and YOU get to dress it up however you so desire.
This particular recipe for Grilled Zucchini is remarkably easy. Embarrassingly easy. So easy that you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it. I know that’s what I thought. This recipe is actually courtesy of our friends, the Webbs, who are an integral part of our bbq team. Thanks Webbs for sharing!
Grilled Zucchini Strips
- 3 zucchini's sliced long ways, into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsn salt
- 1/2 tsn pepper
- Marinate your zucchini slices a bowl with the olive oil, and fresh rosemary for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on each of the slices before you are ready to grill.
- Grill at a medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side. Serve warm and be so happy.