Every once in a while I get in the mood for something ridiculously fatty. Offensively unhealthy. Artery clogging delicious.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: The Heart Attack Burger.
Oh I’m sure some of you will have fattier, more disgusting ideas. But…I don’t think any of you will be disappointed with the most unhealthy burger I’ve ever made. Beef. Bacon. Fried onions. Cheese. More beef and bacon. More cheese.
So yea, it’s good.
I usually blend in some spicy ground pork for my hamburger recipe but for this burger I ground up applewood smoked bacon, added that to ground beef, mixed together with some basic spices…then seared in a cast iron skillet, melted 2 different cheeses, topped with fried onion straws and whatever fixings you please.
You could call it a Double Smash Burger. You could call it The Heart Attack Burger.
I call it Heaven.
Heart Attack Burger
- 2 smash burgers
- Onion straws
- Cheddar cheese
- Provolone or Provel cheese
- First you'll need finely chopped or ground bacon.
- Mix bacon with ground beef, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Grill the burgers in a cast iron skillet - Smash for crispiness.
- Add your favorite cheeses - I used cheddar and provel.
- Pile both patties on a bun with your favorite fixings - but don't forget the fried onion straws