If you are looking for a great marinade to pump up the flavor in a turkey tenderloin of breast then here is a great one to try! This is actually a marinade and brine combination that is designed to add flavor AND moisture into your turkey.
How Long Should You Marinate a Turkey Tenderloin?
How long the tenderloin is in the marinade will depend upon how you have it prepared. If you are keeping the tenderloin intact then it need to soak for about an hour.
If you have sliced the tenderloins into medallions then the pieces only need to soak for about 30 minutes.
How Long Should You Marinate a Turkey Breast?
A general rule is that a turkey breast should marinate for about an hour per pound. That means a three pound boneless turkey breast should marinate for three hours while a full sized six pound bone in breast should marinate for six hours.
Marinade for Turkey Tenderloin and Breasts
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground sage or about a dozen fresh leaves
- 2 tsp ground thyme or about 6 fresh sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in pot and bring to boil. Let this cool to room temperature.
- Place turkey in brine.
- Refrigerate turkey in brine for one hour per each pound.
- Remove turkey from brine and rinse thoroughly with water.