The sound of sautéed spinach is generally enough to make many people scream and run in the other direction. But, when cooked right, it’s actually REALLY good. I mean, what isn’t good when it’s slathered in lemon, garlic and cheese? You barely taste the spinach. It’s perfect.
This is a crazy fast recipe, so you have to be completely ready for action when you start. The whole process takes less than 8 minutes. So get ready for some wacky fun times with spinach.
And you get to be Popeye for a meal. Bonus. My boys like to see their muscles growing as an immediate result from eating this for dinner.
Sauteed Spinach and Onions
- 1 pound of fresh spinach washed and de-stemmed
- 1 sweet vidalia onion cut "julienne"(long skinny slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute the julienned onions in the olive oil in a regular sized skillet. I do this over a higher heat- maybe an 8-ish.
- Once the onions are good and browned on the edges, add the fresh spinach. This spinach cooks REALLY fast. And turn it frequently. It will look like your pan will overflow, but I promise it won't. It cooks down like nothing you've ever seen before.
- Once it's basically wilted, turn the stove off and add the garlic, lemon juice, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Keep turning that spinach, and serve immediately.