How can we incorporate bacon more often in our grilling? We must always remain focused on including bacon as often as possible when lighting the grill.
So how about a grilled BLT? Summertime, fresh tomatoes, bacon, grill. Yep, that’s just smart.
So when grinding up some bacon for Smashburgers, I set aside a ball of just straight up bacon. I included that on my griddle (slightly greasy, as evidenced by the small flame in the picture above), and made a bacon patty. The next logical step was turning said bacon patty into a BLT. Duh.
And there you have it. A grilled Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato sandwich. Holy heavenly sandwiches it was good. Next time you’re grinding up bacon, you’d be a fool not to try this.
Grilled Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
- Bacon - ground or chopped extremely fine
- Set up grill for direct cooking - high heat. Place cast iron skillet/griddle on your grill and warm for several minutes.
- Roll ground bacon into a plum-sized ball or whatever larger size you prefer.
- Smash with the backside of a spatula into a flat patty.
- After a couple minutes, flip.
- This should only take about 5 minutes to finish.
- Remove and create your grilled BLT!