There has been a lot of shrimp hitting the grill over here recently and it has been a fun and tasty experience! The last batch of shrimp I grilled was just as delicious as it was simple to make. This was a big batch of Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp!
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp
Start with a pound of Jumbo Shrimp (16-20 count) that are peeled and deveined.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then place them on wood skewers (about 5 shrimp per skewer).
Set up your grill for Direct High Heat. You want the grill to be super hot, at least 500F.
Put the shrimp skewers on the grill and let them cook for two and a half minutes.
Flip the skewers over and baste liberally with a Thai sweet red chili sauce.
Let the shrimp cook for another three minutes, baste the other side with the Thai chili sauce and serve!
Seriously, what could be easier than that?
If you are looking for other ideas then check out these Blackened Grilled Shrimp!
Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with Salt and Pepper
- Place the shrimps on wood skewers, 4-5 shrimp per skewer
- Set up your grill for direct high heat (500F)
- Place the shrimp skewers directly over the high heat and grill for 2-3 minutes
- Flip the shrimp over and baste with the Thai red chili sauce
- Grill for another 3 minutes, baste the other side of the shrimp and serve.