That’s what my friend, Rebecca, refers to mushrooms as. Fungus. And she’s basically right. And, to be honest, I agreed with her for the first 20 or so years of my life. Then Patti snuck them into dishes…deceitful…then Patti’s mom made a pot roast. With gravy. And there were…mushrooms in the gravy.
I was NOT about to insult my potential future mother in law by not eating her pot roast with gravy. Mushrooms or not, I was eating it.
So. Anyway. Now I love mushrooms.
And if I can wrap them in bacon…well…I mean…c’mon.
So, it doesn’t get TOO much easier than this: Cut strips of bacon in half, wrap them around a baby bella mushroom, hold in place with a toothpick, dunk in delicious bbq sauce, and grill.
This is crazy easy, super fast, ridiculously tasty. If you want, you could smoke them for a while to add another flavor profile, but grilling them direct is just fine. You want that bacon to crisp up anyway.
Look at that picture and tell me that’s fungus. C’mon Rebecca, even you have to admit this is worth trying.
Did I mention the bacon??
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
- 1 package of baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb bacon
- BBQ Sauce
- Remove stem from mushrooms and discard
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel
- Cut strips of bacon in half
- Wrap the bacon around the mushroom and hold in place with a toothpick.
- Completely submerge it in bbq sauce and place over direct heat on your grill.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, until the bacon is slightly crisp.