With Labor Day weekend coming up soon, we thought we would throw a quick and easy corn on the cob idea out to you. Takes almost no time, but adds a tasty twist to a grilled veggie standard.
I always soak the corn in water before grilling to minimize the husk burning. Then I pull the husks back and drizzle on some olive oil, and sprinkle some salt & pepper. Fold the husks back up and throw it on the grill. You saw us do this on our Basic Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe.
Depending on the heat of your grill you’re looking at a 15-20 minute cook time. Just grill them until the corn is slightly soft. Done.
But, then we add a delicious basil butter mixture to it at the table. Patti came up with it, and it’s oh so tasty. Check out the measurements in the recipe box and throw it together this weekend when you’re grilling corn on the cob.
It’s a nice option to offer guests to jazz up this standard grilled veggie and also is delicious on smoked corn.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil Butter
- As many cobs of corn as you want
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
For Basil Butter
- 1 stick of salted butter set out until room temperature
- 1 tbs Chopped fresh Basil
- Dash of pepper 1/8 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pull back husks, remove the hairs, fold back husks.
- Soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull back husks, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper, fold back husks.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes until corn is soft and slightly browned.
- While corn is grilling, mix all ingredients for Basil Butter.
- When corn is done, rip off the husks and spread on the Basil Butter.