This beautiful creation is the brainchild of many people. People that love buffalo chicken, people that love blue cheese, and people that love grinding meat to create new recipes.
I recently got together with my friends Big Pfeif and Wes for a sausage making party. Yea that’s right, it was a Sausage Fest. Go ahead and laugh, but it produced delicious meat.
…hmmm…this has taken a sharp left turn…
Anyway, we were creating different flavors, which I’m sure to share over the course of time…bbq, jerk, jalapeno cheddar…when we ran out of sausage casings. Bummer. What to do with the extra meat? How about dumping in some buffalo sauce and making some burger patties? Yea…that sounds about right.
Add some homemade blue cheese sauce created by Wes and you have a happy taste explosion. This is good. REAL good. This is worth going to Bass Pro or similar store and getting yourself a meat grinder. It’s SO much fun to create new flavors. If you don’t want to do that, you can buy ground chicken and go from there.
These burgers got grilled over high heat but would be great as a smoked burger as well!
Try this soon. Seriously. What’s not to like about a Buffalo Chicken Burger? With BLUE CHEESE sauce? C’mon, stop reading already and get to the store.
Buffalo Chicken Burger with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 cup Your Favorite Buffalo Sauce I used Frank's
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbs finely chopped chive
- 1 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- I finely diced shallot
- salt & pepper to taste
- For Burgers, simply add some salt & pepper and the Buffalo sauce and mix.
- Make into patties approximately 1/4lb each.
- Set up grill for direct cooking.
- Cook burgers until internal temp is 165. About 5 minutes each side.
- For Blue Cheese Sauce, mix all ingredients well then top your burger with it!