Quite simply this is a homemade buffalo chicken sausage and it is out of this world. I’m sure not many of you have a sausage maker so I won’t go into too much detail on this one.
If you DO have a sausage maker and are so inclined to try – you’ll be extremely happy with the results. Here is a great article that goes into all of the details of How to Make Chicken Sausage.
All I did was take ground chicken, add salt & pepper and buffalo sauce. Mix – put through machine – sausage. Yum.
If you DON’T have a sausage maker but you love brats and sausage and such…I would highly recommend looking into purchasing one. They’re reasonably priced and provide hours of fun and dozens of delicious meal options.
Buffalo Chicken Sausage
- 1 lb ground chicken or buy chicken breasts and grind yourself
- 1 c Buffalo Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To make the sausage, simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl and push through the sausage maker.
- Set up grill for indirect cooking.
- Smoke indirect with hickory and/or fruit wood for about 25-30 minutes.
- Finish by searing over direct heat for a couple minutes.