But this isn’t BBQ!!
I know, I know, but you need to accept that sometimes the recipes I share won’t be BBQ. I’m sorry. But, I thought this was a timely recipe to share, charcoal or not.
With 7 grandkids in our family, we have lots of hard-boiled eggs leftover from our Easter egg hunts. This year, at our family Easter gathering we wanted to try to use up some of them. We searched for a recipe that sounded interesting and landed on one from Pinch My Salt. We were thrilled with the results. I think the key to the whole deal is bacon. You see, I truly believe that bacon makes everything better. So, when we found this recipe that includes chopped bacon in the mixture as well as on the top, I had a gut feeling it would be the best any of us ever had.
I was right. Bacon never disappoints. Every single person in the family agreed these were the best deviled eggs any of us ever had. If you are looking for a way to get rid of those hard-boiled eggs in a very tasty way, we highly suggest this recipe!
Chipotle Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- 12 eggs hard-cooked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste (optional)
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half.
- Scoop out yolks and put into a small mixing bowl.
- Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate.
- Mash yolks with a fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, chipotle chile, and garlic powder. Mash and stir all ingredients together well.
- Stir in chopped bacon, reserving some pieces to garnish the top of the eggs if desired.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Spoon some of the filling into each egg white half, dividing the mixture as evenly as possible between the eggs. Sprinkle eggs with smoked paprika and garnish with bacon pieces.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.