Thank you, Pinterest for this idea. I can’t say I’ve ever had a mojito before this, but I know I love pineapple and fruit drinks, so this seemed like a pretty easy connection. And it. Is. Amazing. And so pretty! Who wouldn’t want to drink something so pretty? And yummy?
It’s important to get the grill marks on the pineapple for two reasons:
1. The prettiness. What’s the point of a grilled pineapple mojito if you can’t tell it’s been grilled?
2. Getting some of the smoky flavor. Again, popping open a can of pineapple slices and throwing them in this drink just isn’t the same. Throw it on the grill first. It’s so worth it for a light breezy summer drink. Make your wife, your mom, your girlfriend, your sister, your fiancee, or yourself one of these bad boys. It’s so worth it.
Grilled Pineapple Mojito
- Pineapple rings either canned or fresh
- 1 tbn fresh mint
- 3 slices of fresh lime
- 2 cans of ginger ale
- 3 shots of rum
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Grill pineapple over direct heat - not too hot - for about 5 minutes per side. You just want it lightly browned with grill marks. Use a spatula to remove from grill to keep them whole.
- Mix everything but the pineapple rings together. You could blend it, stir it, or use a fancy mixer.
- Add the grilled pineapple ring to your drink and enjoy. Don't forget to eat the pineapple when your drink is gone! 🙂