Have you ever found a brand of spice that you realized you need to have in your pantry at all times? If you don’t have one, I have one for you. If you DO have one, watch out – you might change things up.
We discovered Elbee’s at a local stand. They were giving out free samples (Which we always gravitate to) of garlic bread. Garlic bread is always good, right? This stuff was different from anything I’ve ever experienced. It was a flavor that was almost too good to be true. We talked with these nice people for a really long time. And then proceeded to buy one of everything they had.
This jar is garlicky yumminess. They have a variety of flavors- the original, zesty, lime, chipotle, and Tuscan to name a few. You only need a tiny bit – a little goes a LOONNNGGG way! Anyway, with the garlic bread, you mix it with butter and spread it on the bread and grill it. Delicious.
I used the Tuscan flavor to spice up my portabella burger (served with grilled sweet potato fries). And, wow, did it work. It was delicious! It’s such a unique flavor, that I don’t even know how to recreate it. You probably just need to buy it. You can buy it directly from their website http://www.ellbees.com/index.php. They have a ton of ideas of what you can use their seasonings in…and it’s very possible you will see more of our recipes using this delicious seasoning.
The aioli sauce is easy and AWESOME! We used the leftover on regular sandwiches the next day, so if you accidentally make too much, I think you’ll be happy.
Grilled Portabella Burger with Sun Dried Tomato Aoli Sauce
- Olive oil - drizzle
- salt and pepper - sprinkles
- 1 tsn fresh parsley and basil
- 1 tsn Elbee's Tuscan Seasoning
- Aioli Sauce:
- 2 cloves of Smoked Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbn chopped sundried tomatoes
- Marinate the mushrooms in the olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs and Elbee's seasoning for at least 30 minutes, up to several hours.
- Set up grill for direct cooking. Yes, I think you should throw on some wood.
- Grill cap side up for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and grill cap side down for another 3-5 minutes. If you so desire, pour extra marinade on top.
- Top portabella burger with aioli sauce and enjoy!