I have a confession. Sometimes, I crave salmon over steak. I come from a fairly carnivorous family, and I think they would be shocked to learn this.
Don’t get me wrong, I love steak. I really do. But salmon – it’s just so good. If you’ve never had it, or it’s been a while since you have tried it, you REALLY should give it a chance. It has such a creamy and buttery consistency that I feel as if I’m splurging and eating something really sinful, instead of an incredibly healthy piece of fish.
There are so many ways to prepare salmon – I know that we do it a variety of ways – but here is a tried a true simple yet delicious recipe that will wake up your taste buds. Super easy, super fast, super yummy.
You can use fresh or frozen – both will give you great results. You may even feel guilty for waiting so long to give salmon a chance!
Need more inspiration? Check out all of our tasty salmon recipes here!
Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon
- 4 salmon steaks
- 4 tablespoons of butter - softened
- 1 lemon - half sliced into slices the other half juiced
- 2 tsn soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl. Brush the mixture on each of the salmon steaks.
- Add some salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place a couple thin slices of lemon on top.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Use fruit wood to smoke your salmon.
- Smoke for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the salmon, at 250 degrees.