Spring is upon us – Hallelujah ! It’s time to dust off your grills, burn out the winter must, scrape them clean and start cooking outside again! And what better way to start out, than with a burger?
If you haven’t tried – you need to. If you don’t have a smoker or grill that you feel you can be successful with this endeavor, than roast it in the oven. Whatever you do – just try it. It sweetens the garlic in an indescribably delicious way.
Once you have the smoke roasted garlic – this recipe couldn’t be simpler. Along with a little salt & pepper, that’s all it takes to make a delicious and unique burger.
Man I love burgers. Of all the beef burgers I’ve done, the Smoke Roasted Garlic Burger is near the top for me for its simplicity and uniqueness. Give it a go!
- 1 pound of ground beef Makes 4 burgers
- 6 cloves of smashed smoked roasted garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set up your grill for direct cooking. You're going for a higher temp.
- Smash the smoked roasted garlic well.
- Combine with the ground beef.
- Add salt and pepper to taste & form 4 burger patties.
- Grill at 350 - 400 for 3 - 5 minutes on each side until internal temperature of 145, or until the meat reaches the internal temperature of your liking.