So. Yeah. The title basically tells all the secrets. But before I go into more detail, let’s just enjoy the picture, because this really is an amazing picture.
Oooooh…. Ahhhhhhhh. YUM. So freaking good. So these were Honeycrisp apples. Which, coincidentally, are my favorite apple. Why, you ask?
Well, they’re the sweetest. They combine everything I love into a perfect apple: crunchy, crispy, juicy and sweet. AND…(a bonus) they’re great for grilling.
We cooked these with indirect heat on our Weber Performer charcoal grill. We’ve tried grilling a variety of other apples, but these seem to hold up the best.
I could seriously eat this entire plate of grilled apples right now. So good. Please go try this. Seriously. If you happen to be grilling anything at all, throw a few apples on there.
This makes an awesome dessert (maybe serve with some ice cream or whipped cream?), or a side dish, which is what we do often.
Yes, I have been known to let my children consume sugar with dinner…if it has something to do with a fruit or a vegetable. That’s my rationale, at least. So go make this. Your family will thank you. Your friends will thank you. And you can take all the credit.
It’s a win win win.
Grilled Apple Slices with Honey Drizzle and Cinnamon
- 3 honeycrisp apples cut into 3/4 inch circle slices
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Brush your apple slices with the melted butter. On both sides.
- Grill your apples indirectly for about 6 minutes on each side, or until grill marks magically appear.
- As soon as you pull them off the grill, sprinkle the top of the apples with cinnamon, and drizzle honey over all of them. I SAY use 2 tablespoon, but the honey police will NOT arrest you if you decide to use more. Just saying.