Oh, how we love grilled cheese! All 6 of us eat it on a regular basis. And it only makes sense to transform the basic grilled cheese into an extraordinary grilled cheese. And MAN, do we have ideas for some unbelievable grilled cheese sandwiches. But we must start at the beginning.
These grilled cheese sandwiches are made with aged sharp cheddar (YUM). The thing that sets these sandwiches apart from your typical grilled cheese is
A. They’re actual grilled on a grill
B. They use Ellbee’s Butter.
If you EVER have any inclination to make things tastier, to impress the pickiest of palates, go with Ellbee’s. You CAN’T wrong. It’s actually impossible. We actually took this pile of sandwiches and quietly placed them in front of a group of 7 children 10 and younger. They inhaled every crumb in an animalistic way. My favorite part was one of the kids saying, “Why are these grilled cheese sandwiches SO good?” It was like a commercial, but in real life.
If you don’t have time to grill the grilled cheese outside, then at least use the Ellbee’s. I will never eat another naked Grilled Cheese again! Stay tuned for more fun ideas involving grilled cheese and of course, Ellbee’s. Better yet, let us know if you have a good idea for a “gourmet grilled cheese”! We would love to try making one of your recipes!
Grilled Cheese with Ellbee’s Butter
- Sliced Sour Dough bread - if you're slicing it yourself try to make them as uniform pieces as possible.
- Cheese of your choice - we used Aged Sharp Cheddar.
- 1 tablespoon of Elbee's butter per sandwich.
- Spread the Ellbee's butter on the bread - I usually let the butter come to room temperature before spreading it - that makes life much easier.
- Layer the cheese of your choice between the pieces of bread.
- Grill the sandwich in a cast iron skillet on the grill until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melted - usually 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately.