So…everyone loves salsa, right? At least everyone I know. And if there’s someone I know that doesn’t love salsa, please just don’t tell me that bit of information. I don’t want to think less of you.
Anyway, as I was staring at the leftover grilled corn we had, I was trying to figure out what I could do with it. I had quite a few ideas, but this is the one I acted on the quickest. And I’m so glad I did, because it is absolutely delicious!
To actually use the corn from the cob, all you have to do to is cut the corn into a bowl with a serrated knife.
I used 1 cob, but you can easily double this recipe. Make it to impress guests, for a lowfat snack, or to eat throughout the week!
By the way, this recipe is also amazing with leftover smoked corn!
Leftover Grilled Corn Salsa with Avocado and Cilantro
- 1 cob leftover grilled corn on the cob...decobbed Is tha a word?
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 diced tomato'
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 avocado diced
- the juice of a lemon and/or a lime. I prefer both - 1/4 tsn of each.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Take all ingredients and gently mix together in a bowl.
- You can enjoy immediately, or refrigerate and serve later.