By now it’s no secret that Patti and I love cheese. It’s a borderline obsession. And when you mix cheese with barbeque and sauce it’s a real treat. We get silly excited every time.
This is similar to our sausage roll recipe…but even easier. This is as simple as smoking whatever sausage you prefer – in our case we used spicy sausage links. I smoked them for about an hour – you can smoke them longer if you want – sliced them and put them together as you see.
This is a super easy appetizer to make when you’re going to light your grill for the main course anyway. Might as well just start an hour earlier and give everyone a tasty little treat as they wait for whatever deliciousness you bring out next.
Smoked Sausage and Cheese Crackers
- Hot and Spicy Chicken Sausage Links
- Cheese of your choice we opted for Cheddar in slices
- BBQ sauce Preferred sauce - ours. Second choice, Sweet Baby Rays
- Smoke your sausage
- Cut your cheese into bite sized pieces.
- Cut the sauage into slices.
- This may sound anal, and it is kind of, but I am a big believer when eating a cracker, always leave the salted side down. So stack up on the non salted side. That way your tongue gets the little salt taste. Weird, yes, but I bet you do that every time now.