I really like pineapple. A lot. In fact, one of my favorite sides to make that goes with anything is my Grilled Sweet Pineapple Slices. Yum. Heck, we’ve even put grilled pineapple in a drink with our Pineapple Mojito!
What’s my point? Well, it was only a matter of time until we put it on a burger. It just makes too much sense. This does not disappoint. A perfectly grilled burger topped with Swiss cheese, grilled onions, and of course the grilled pineapple – all put together on a light and buttery Hawaiin bun. Aloha, deliciousness.
- 1 lb ground chuck or beef
- 4 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 can of pineapple slices or fresh if you dare to slice yourself
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbs granulated garlic
- 1 tbs onion powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- For Burgers: Mix meat with garlic, onion, salt & pepper. Make into 4 patties, set aside.
- Set up grill for direct cooking.
- For pineapple, simply grill for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. I didn't add any spices.
- For onions, I simply put slices of onion directly on grill to brown them up. 3-5 minutes total.
- Grill burgers as you normally would - high temp for searing until medium (140-145). 2 minutes before they're done, add your cheese and close lid to melt.
- Assemble burger with meat, cheese, pineapple and onion, then add your favorite condiments!